Klaytn Gas Price Reduction Announcement
Hello. This is Klaytn API Service team.
We would like to express our gratitude towards all of our users of the Klaytn API Service (KAS).
On April 3, 2022, the gas cost was raised from 25 ston to 750 ston in Klaytn. However, we are once again informing the additional Klaytn gas fee adjustment policy.
As it has been decided to reduce the gas fee, please refer to the details and schedule below.
1. Area of Change
- Before gas fee adjustment: 750 ston → After: 250 ston
- Cypress (Mainnet)
- Block number: 91,324,800
- Estimated time: May 22th, 19:15 (UTC+9)
- Baobob (Testnet)
- Block number: 90,720,000
- Estimated time: May 12th, 02:50 (UTC+9)
3. User Precautions
- BApps should adjust the gas price to 250 ston or use the return value of `klay_gasPrice` API. Otherwise the transaction cannot be submitted to the network. An error may occur if the source code includes a hard-coded logic related to the gas price.
- The transaction pool will be flushed once the gas price change takes effect on a node.
- MetaMask Users(not applicable to Kaikas users) should set the fix gas price to 250 Gwei (ston) in the MetaMask settings. (Reference: MetaMask user guide in Klaytn Docs)
- Due to the gas cost reduction, GFP users can also operate the service cheaper. (Gas cost applied to GFP will be applied immediately on the date of adjustment.)
This is all for the gas price adjustment of Klaytn network.
For additional inquiries, click on Inquiry Registration at the top of the KAS Help Center page if you are using a paid plan, or leave a post on the KAS community if you are using a free plan.
Klaytn API Service team.