Hello. This is Klaytn API Service team.
Please refer to the following information about deploying a KIP-7 contract.
There are two ways to deploy a contract; First, deploying it on the Console website. Second, deploying it
by making a KIP-7 API call. Please refer to the instruction below for deploying a contract on the Console
page, which refers to our first option.
[For Deploying a Contract On a Free Plan]
Before deploying a contract, it is required to set up User Fee payer and receive test KLAY, which is a
prerequisite for deploying a contract. For detailed instructions, please refer to the How To Use Klaytn API
1. To make API calls, set basic Authorization in your preferred tool. Login by using Access Key ID
(Username) and Secret Access key (Password) that you were given during your Credential process on the
(Please refer to the Authorization Setup guidelines page about how to create a KAS API Authorization key.)
2. Click KAS KIP-7 API Docs. Then click KIP-7 and click Deploy KIP-7 Contract.
3. Copy the URL next to POST and paste it in your preferred tool.
4. In your tool, type a contract alias that can be used instead of a contract address, a contract name, a
token symbol, a decimal value which is the number of digits that come after the decimal place, and finally
the amount of tokens to create in JSON format.
5. For Fee-payer options, go to Fee Payer Options Docs.
6. Out of four types of paying transaction fees, refer to the second type. (Please note that Free plan users
cannot use the Global Fee Payer service. We ask for your understanding regarding this matter.)
7. To set up User Fee-payer, type the Fee-payer account that received the five test KLAY during a process
of the prerequisite and the Fee Payer Pool that has the account.
8. You can check the sample responses in the document.
9. After making an API call, you’ll see that your contract is officially deployed.
[For Deploying a Contract On a Paid Plan]
Please follow number 1 to 5 of the instruction of deploying a contract, which is mentioned above and
then refer to the instruction below for the next step.
1. Check 4 types of paying transaction fees. Then choose among options 1, 3, or 4.
2. Choose your preferred payment option and then input into the tool in JSON format.
(Example of Option 1)
After you complete deploying a contract, a default contract deployer account will be also automatically
created. When issuing tokens after deployment, you’ll create the preferred amount of tokens, which will
be automatically transferred to the default contract deployer account. The default contract deployer
account is required for many cases such as delegating token transfer or paying for contract deployment
fee. The address of the default contract deployer account that is automatically created can be checked
through Get Default Contract Deployer Account API. Please refer to instructions below to check the
[For Getting a Default Contract Deployer Account]
1. Copy the URL next to Get in the KIP-7 document and paste it in your tool. Then, put x-chain-id (1001 or
8217) in Header parameters.
2. After making an API call, check your default contract deployer account address in the response.
you can register your inquiry.
Klaytn API Service team.